West Lakes (AAMI Stadium precinct) amendment
For an alternative version of any document on this page contact the development plans and amendments team.
The West Lakes (AAMI Stadium Precinct) Development Plan Amendment DPA was approved by the Minister for Planning on 8 November 2013.
Purpose of the amendment
The DPA proposes a mix of uses and higher density housing for the area affected. It introduces:
- an Urban Core Zone to support compact, medium to high density development around public transport improvements
- a Main Street Policy Area to support a hub for community activities, residents and businesses.
Area affected by the amendment
The DPA affects the area known as the AAMI Stadium Precinct, which is bordered by West Lakes Boulevard, Frederick Road, Brebner Drive and Turner Drive. The community information sheet includes a map of the site.
The development plan affected is the Charles Sturt Council development plan.
Consultation on Ministerial DPAs is conducted by the Development Policy Advisory Committee (DPAC), an independent statutory committee which provides advice to the Minister for Planning.
Public consultation on the amendment closed on 24 April 2013. A public meeting was held on 7 May 2013.
To view the public submissions received contact the Planning contacts - Development plans and amendments.
On this site
- The 30-Year Plan for Greater Adelaide
- Housing and Employment Land Supply Program (HELSP)
- South Australia's planning policies and planning policy library
City of Charles Sturt: