Proof of identity to apply for help paying bond or rent

If you are applying for help paying bond or rent, you need to provide 100 points of identity. In special circumstances, Housing SA may accept other forms of identification provided it includes name, address, signature and a photograph.

100 points of identity

You can use any one of these for 100 points of identity:

  • passport
  • driver’s licence
  • proof of age card

50 points each of identity

Any one of these is 50 points each of identity:

  • Australian birth certificate
  • Australian citizenship certificate
  • student or employee ID
  • change of name certificate
  • marriage certificate
  • Medicare card
  • Centrelink concession or health care card
  • certificate of registration by descent
  • ImmiCard
  • a letter from your employer, apprenticeship papers or tradesperson’s certificate
  • school reports or exam certificate
  • immigration papers or other documents from the Department of Home Affairs
  • State Government concession card
  • prison discharge certificate
  • life insurance policies
  • Australian Visa
  • birth extract
  • divorce papers
  • naturalisation certificate
  • letter from an Aboriginal Community showing the common seal
  • letter from an authorised officer from the Department for Child Protection, a medical or legal practitioner, or a minister of religion
  • current bank, credit union or building society card.

25 points each of identity

Any one of these is 25 points each of identity:

  • a current statement from a financial institution - eg bank, credit union
  • electoral enrolment card
  • insurance renewal documents that aren’t for health insurance
  • utility account
  • rent records less than six months old
  • security licence
  • senior’s card
  • motor vehicle registration
  • Veterans’ Affairs Gold Card.

Attachment guidelines

When attaching proof of income and identity, please ensure that the files:

  • are a combined size of under ten megabytes (10 MB) and no more than five files per income
  • are one of the following, .pdf, .doc, .docx, .odt, .jpg, .jpeg, .jpe, .bmp, .png, .gif
  • have names that do not exceed 80 characters
  • are not compressed. If a document file is too large, try converting it to a PDF to reduce the size.

Was this page useful?

Take a moment to tell us why. If you need a response send an enquiry instead.

Page last updated 13 August 2018

Provided by:
South Australian Housing Authority
Last Updated:
Printed on:
Copyright statement:
SA.GOV.AU is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 Licence. © Copyright 2018