Housing options for young people and students

There are services designed specifically for young people aged 25 years and under, that you can use to help you find and keep appropriate accommodation.

If you are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless, there are services that can help you. You can choose to use a general homelessness service or those designed specifically for young people.

Student housing

If you are enrolled in tertiary education you may be able to access accommodation provided and managed by your university or college.

Most universities provide information and advice to help you find and secure accommodation:

International students

Tenancy information in languages other than English has advice and information to help you understand your rights, and make good decisions about accommodation.

Public and community housing

If you are on a low income and unable to maintain other forms of accommodation you may be eligible to register for public or community housing.

Renting privately

Securing private rental

Information sessions

Private Rental Tenancies is held in Adelaide and is designed for first-time renters

Related information

Other websites

Housing advice for young people - SYC

Was this page useful?

Page last updated 10 March 2021

Provided by:
SA Housing Authority
Last Updated:
Printed on:
Copyright statement:
SA.GOV.AU is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 Licence. © Copyright 2021