Rent, water and other charges

Dispute a water charge - public housing

If you think your water bill is too high, you should first check to see if there's a leak.

If there is no leak and you still believe your water charge is incorrect, contact Housing SA and tell them you want to dispute the charge.

How to check for a water leak

Separate meter

  1. Take a reading from the water meter last thing at night.
  2. Take a second reading first thing the next morning.
  3. Make sure that no water is used in between the readings - eg flushing the toilet.
  4. If the water meter reading has changed this may indicate that you have a leak.

Shared meter

If your property has a shared meter and you think there may be a leak, contact Housing SA Maintenance as soon as possible to organise an investigation.

How to organise maintenance

Maintenance for a public rental property can be organised by phoning Housing SA Maintenance on 131 288 between 7.00 am and 7.00 pm.

To report emergency repairs - eg gas leaks - phone 131 288 at any time.

Was this page useful?

Take a moment to tell us why.

If you need a response, send an enquiry instead.

Page last updated 22 November 2017

Provided by:
South Australian Housing Authority
Last Updated:
Printed on:
Copyright statement:
SA.GOV.AU is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 Licence. © Copyright 2019