Get the most recent information on South Australia's response to the Coronavirus pandemic.
Dispute a water charge - public housing
If you think your water bill is too high, check to see if there's a leak.
If there's no leak and you still believe your water bill is incorrect, contact Housing SA and tell them you want to dispute the charge.
Request repairs to public housing if there's a leak or other maintenance is needed at your home.
How to check for a water leak
If your property has its own meter:
- Take a reading from the water meter last thing at night.
- Make sure no water is used overnight - eg no-one flushes the toilet.
- Take a second reading from the water meter first thing the next morning.
- If the water meter reading has changed there may be a leak.
- Report the suspected leak to Housing SA.
If your property has a shared meter contact Housing SA Maintenance to organise an investigation.
Water policy - SA Housing Authority