Maintenance of public housing

Organising repairs or replacement of a fence

To organise repairs to a fence at your public housing property contact Housing SA maintenance by phone 131 288 between 7.00 am and 7.00 pm. The may be an on-site inspection to determine whether the fence can be repaired or replaced.


If you own a property next to a Housing SA house and either you or Housing SA needs to replace or repair the adjoining fence, the Fences Act 1975 sets out the processes.

Written notice must be given before:

  • a new fence is erected
  • an existing fence is repaired
  • an existing fence is replaced.

See Fencing and boundary disputes

Deliver to any Housing SA office or post to:

Housing SA Maintenance Operations
GPO Box 1669
Adelaide SA 5001

Housing SA will contact you within 30 days of receiving the written notice.

Was this page useful?

Take a moment to tell us why.

If you need a response, send an enquiry instead.

Page last updated 10 January 2019

Provided by:
South Australian Housing Authority
Last Updated:
Printed on:
Copyright statement:
SA.GOV.AU is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 Licence. © Copyright 2019