Changes to your household
Public housing tenants must get written approval from Housing SA before another person can move in with them.
Having another occupant may affect the amount of rent payable.
When another occupant won't be approved
Housing SA won’t give approval for another person to move into your home in any of these situations:
- there isn't enough room and the property would become overcrowded
- it would contravene an intervention order
- they own or partly own residential property
- they've been excluded from Housing SA's services due to antisocial behaviour
- they are a Housing SA tenant at another address.
Under-occupation and overcrowding
If your house is too big for you contact Housing SA to discuss your options.
Your home is overcrowded if it doesn’t meet the occupancy standards for public housing.
You may be able to register for a public housing transfer or mutual exchange.
Contact Housing SA to discuss your options and find out what help is available to you.
Caravans and other vehicles can’t be used as another room at your property for health and safety reasons.