Community Housing Customer Register
Non-government housing providers are required to use the Community Housing Customer Register when selecting eligible tenants for a range of different government-funded housing programs.
A single entry point provides equitable access for eligible customers to register an interest in community housing assistance from the full range of non-government housing providers linked to the register.
The customer register can only be accessed by registered users from Community Housing providers.
System access and training
Community housing provider staff requesting system access and training should contact CHCR@sa.gov.au to arrange.
The customer register must be used in accordance with the Customer registration and vacancy policy and procedures and the eligibility policy.
For an alternative version of these documents contact Renewal SA.
Customer register resources
Governing framework materials
- Eligibility and housing needs assessments
- Income and asset limits
- Customer registration management and vacancy policy and procedures
- Eligibility policy
- List of support and referring agencies in Customer Register
- Privacy statement
Community housing area maps
This map shows the area codes used in the register, and only include areas with community housing properties:
Housing needs assessment resources
All registrants must have their needs assessed, and a letter confirming eligibility will be generated by the register.
Community Housing providers may assist registrants to undertake a housing needs assessment to determine their priority for housing.
Contact Housing SA on 131 299 if a customer:
- wants more information about how to register for community housing
- has registered their interest in a volunteer member-tenant managed housing provider and asks about their registration or wants to change their details.
If a customer has registered their interest in a community housing provider and asks about their registration or wants to change their details, contact their primary contact organisation.
Supportive housing program
Contact Housing SA on 131 299 or email DLDCSIHousingContactSupportedHousing@dcsi.sa.gov.au if a supportive housing program wants to:
- change or update a registration of interest
- change a category of need
- transfer the primary contact for a community housing provider.
Customer register system
If you're having trouble logging in contact the Helpdesk by:
- phone: 1300 885 912
- email: DCSI.BusinessSystemsHelpdesk@sa.gov.au
The help desk is available Monday to Friday, 9.00 am to 5.00 pm. It is not available on weekends or public holidays.
Customer register policies and processes
Policy and process enquiries can be made to Renewal SA by:
- phone - 1300 700 561
- email - CHCR@sa.gov.au.
For an alternative version of a document on this page contact Renewal SA.