Housing in Aboriginal communities

Housing SA manages some housing in remote and non-remote Aboriginal communities. This housing is only available to people with a direct cultural or family connection to the Aboriginal community they’re registering for.

Who can register

You can register your interest in housing managed by Housing SA in an Aboriginal community if you have a direct cultural or family connection to that community.

You must have an independent income.

You can’t register if you have been excluded from Housing SA’s services because of antisocial behaviour.

If you have a debt with Housing SA you’ll need to make an arrangement to repay it.

What you'll need

Provide proof of income and identity for everyone in your household aged 16 and over.

Provide confirmation of Aboriginality.

How to register

  1. Check you can register.
  2. Complete a Registration of interest in housing form (412.2 KB PDF).
  3. Provide detailed information and supporting documents.
  4. Return the form and all other documents to Housing SA.

What happens next

Housing SA and the Aboriginal community you registered for will assess your registration and check you are eligible.

You will get a letter telling you if your registration has been successful.

Update or cancel a registration

Update your contact details or cancel a registration at any time:

Otherwise, complete a change of circumstances form (425.6 KB PDF) and return it to Housing SA if:

  • you change your name
  • you want to add or remove someone from your registration
  • your income changes.

If you were removed from someone else’s registration, you may be eligible to have your own registration. Contact Housing SA to talk about your situation.

Related information

Other websites

Was this page useful?

Page last updated 1 March 2021

Provided by:
SA Housing Authority
Last Updated:
Printed on:
Copyright statement:
SA.GOV.AU is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 Licence. © Copyright 2021