Land agent involvement with affordable housing
The Affordable Homes Program is a South Australian Government initiative to increase the supply of affordable home ownership opportunities to eligible buyers.
If you are the Land Agent for the sale of an Affordable Home you must:
- sight a copy of the buyer's 'in principle' finance approval
- provide a Declaration of Eligibility form to customers if they are first in line and the property is within the 30 to 90-day exclusive period
- record the date and time of the 'first opportunity to purchase
- advise customers they have five working days to complete the Declaration of Eligibility and return it to you
- return a digital copy of the declaration to the Affordable Homes team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Buyers may be eligible if they:
- are 18 years of age or older
- don't currently own a property
- plan to live in the new Affordable Home
- are a South Australian resident
- earn less than the current income limits
- have assets within the allowed limits
- are first in line for the property.
For more information about eligibility visit Income and asset limits for the Affordable Homes Program.