Mature age employment
Looking to re-enter the workforce or for a change in career?
Assistance with finding a job
- Don't Overlook Mature Experience (DOME) is a community-based employment and training organisation which offers services to mature-age unemployed and disadvantaged people in South Australia.
- Catalyst Foundation provides information about looking for work, vocational education and training.
- jobactive is the Australian Government’s employment services system to help help job seekers prepare for and find work. Help is also available for workers who have lost their job.
- Work Ready also provides assistance and support with finding a job.
- The Australian Government provides information on services, programs and financial assistance available when looking for work.
- Volunteering can also be a valuable way to gain work skills and experience.
Help for Aboriginal people
For information about getting help with training, starting work and staying in work see Aboriginal support and programs.
The Australian Government also has Aboriginal programs and information aimed at creating opportunities for employment.
Unfair dismissal or discrimination
If you believe you have been treated unfairly or asked inappropriate questions because of your age (or because of your race, sex, sexuality, disability or marital status) contact the Equal Opportunity Commission of SA.