Liquor and gambling

Object to a liquor or gaming licence

You can object to a proposed liquor or gaming licence if:

  • you believe the applicant is not a fit and proper person to hold a licence
  • you think the premises aren’t suitable to be licensed
  • you believe it will cause undue disturbance, annoyance or inconvenience to people in the area
  • you are concerned about the safety or welfare of children attending schools in the area
  • there are enough options in the area for the public to attend licensed premises
  • there are enough options in the area for the public to buy alcohol.

How to object to a licence

Complete the notice of objection form (PDF 95KB)

Submit the form to Consumer and Business Services


Phone: 131 882

In person:
91 Grenfell Street

GPO Box 2169
Adelaide SA 5001

Related information

On this site

Information for parents of minors

Other sites

Recently advertised liquor applications

Page last updated 4 December 2018

Provided by:
Attorney-General's Department
Last Updated:
Printed on:
Copyright statement:
SA.GOV.AU is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 Licence. © Copyright 2019