Winding up an incorporated association

You must apply to Consumer and Business Services (CBS) to wind up an incorporated association.

If your association has a surplus not exceeding $5,000, apply for deregistration of incorporated association.

If your association has surplus assets worth more than $5,000, your liquidator must lodge your winding-up report and Solvency Declaration application with CBS.

Winding up report and Solvency Declaration with surplus assets more than $5,000 (PDF 3.1MB)

Contact CBS Associations and Cooperatives


Phone: 131 882

GPO Box 1719
Adelaide SA 5001

Related information

On this site

Managing a community organisation

Page last updated 15 February 2023

Provided by:
Attorney-General's Department
Last Updated:
Printed on:
Copyright statement:
SA.GOV.AU is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 Licence. © Copyright 2023