Registry office relationship ceremonies
Consumer and Business Services (CBS) offers a modern room if you would like a simple relationship ceremony performed by our registry staff.
It's not a requirement that you have a ceremony to register your relationship.
Before your ceremony
You will need to:
- apply to register your relationship at Births, Deaths and Marriages (BDM)
- pay the total fee for registering a relationship and the ceremony - $327.00
- book the date and time for the ceremony - you can book this when you lodge your application to register your relationship.
Relationship ceremonies are performed at:
Level 2, Chesser House
95 Grenfell Street
- The couple needs to arrive at least ten minutes before the ceremony to meet with registry staff.
- The ceremony takes 10 to 15 minutes, and extra time is available to share the moment with your guests and take photos.
- Up to 20 guests can be seated in the room.
- Food and drink are not permitted in the room or waiting area.
- Confetti, rice and rose petals cannot be thrown in Chesser House or on the pavement outside.
Speak to our registry staff about anything special you would like to include in your ceremony - eg music you would like to have played.
You will need to arrange an interpreter before your ceremony if they are needed.
The ceremony fee of $206.00 can be refunded if written notice is received at least 14 days before the ceremony date.
Contact Births, Deaths and Marriages
Phone: 131 882
91 Grenfell Street
GPO Box 1351
Adelaide SA 5001