Some solid and liquid waste is hazardous and is not suitable for the usual collection and disposal methods.
Find a drop off depot for household chemicals and paint – Green Industries SA
Hazardous waste products include:
- garden chemicals – for example, pesticides, weedkillers and fertilisers
- insect repellents and rat poison
- cleaners – for example, oven cleaner, toilet cleaner, bleach, ammonia and furniture polish
- automotive products – for example, fuel, lubricants and degreasers
- home improvement products – for example, paints, thinners and adhesives, batteries and pool chlorine.
Don't place hazardous products out for garbage collection.
Don't bury them and never dispose of them in sewer or stormwater systems.
Provided by: Green Industries SA
Page last updated 17 August 2022