Environment and natural resources

Animal licences and permits

You must have a permit to:

  • hunt feral animals - eg rabbits and foxes
  • hunt duck or quail during a declared hunting season
  • destroy native animals that are causing an environmental, economic or social impact
  • operate as a kangaroo field processor, meat processor or skin tannery
  • use animals in research and teaching
  • conduct a rodeo.

Guidance on getting the right permit - Department of Water, Environment and Natural Resources.

Dog licences

For information about dog licences contact your local council.

Related information


Was this page useful?

We can't respond to any comment made here. If you need a response, please use our contact page.

Page last updated 29 November 2016

Provided by:
Department of Environment, Water and Natural Resources
Last Updated:
Printed on:
Copyright statement:
SA.GOV.AU is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia Licence. © Copyright 2016