Animal licences and permits
You must have a permit to:
- hunt feral animals - such as rabbits and foxes
- hunt duck or quail during a declared hunting season
- rescue or rehabilitate native animals
- destroy native animals, for example catch snakes, remove possums or birds or control kangaroos on private land
- harvest kangaroos or farm emus or operate as a kangaroo field processor, meat processor or skin tannery
- keep sell or display native animals including their eggs
- use animals in research and teaching
- collect native plant material from public land
- conduct a rodeo.
Licences and permits - Department of Water, Environment and Natural Resources.
For information about dog licences contact your local council.