Industry updates, events and roadshows
The National Electrical and Communications Association (NECA) organises annual electrical roadshows, which are supported by the Office of the Technical Regulator. Industry members can attend to find out more about:
- changes to the Australian wiring rules
- issues related to electrical installations
- the Electricity Act and regulations.
The presentations conducted by the Office of the Technical Regulator take approximately an hour. Other organisations, such as SA Power Networks, may also participate in the roadshow.
For more information on NECA seminars, visit the events page on the NECA website.
Based on audit feedback, the Office of the Technical Regulator runs gas industry core discussions each year. Topics may include:
- natural gas and LPG characteristics and properties
- combustion principles
- unflued heaters and ventilation
- pipe sizing
- appliance fluing and ventilation with an emphasis on commercial installations
- selection of LPG regulators and overpressure protection devices
- installation of pressure proving devices.
The technical sessions may be followed by a practical workshop conducted Master Plumbers South Australia or a product manufacturer. Although the workshops fees are usually subsidised by the Construction Industry Training Board, an entry fee may still apply for the workshops.
For more information contact the Office of the Technical Regulator.
The Master Plumbers South Australia (formerly known as the Plumbing Industry Association of SA) organises plumbing and gas technical sessions, where the Office of the Technical Regulator provides a number of updates.
The sessions cover a number of areas and their content is reviewed and updated every year. They include topics such as:
- audit feedback
- incident feedback
- appliance and component recalls
- safety notices
- changes to legislation and standards
- problem solving scenarios
- new methods and materials.
The Master Plumbers South Australia website lists upcoming events.