Booking plumbing and drainage audits
Licensed plumbers in South Australia can book a plumbing and drainage audit online using the Plumbbooking tab on eCoC or by calling the Office of the Technical Regulator (OTR) on 1300 884 055 between 8.30 am and 3.00 pm.
Bookings can be made up to the working day before the day the audit is required, for example, book by 3.00 pm Monday for an audit on Tuesday. Use the Plumbbooking tab on eCoC to make a booking.
eCoC Register or sign in
You will receive a booking reference number when you complete your booking. This can be found on your MyPlumbbookings dashboard in eCoC.
Making a booking
Quickstart guide - MyPlumbbookings provides step-by-step instructions for making a booking.
When making an online booking, you will need:
- eCoC number
- site contact name
- contact mobile number
- owner/builder name
- site address
- requested date of the audit
- requested time
- type of work to be audited.
Will the OTR be attending your audit?
OTR attendance will be advised via the 'MyPlumbbooking' tab in your eCoC portal.
All bookings need to be lodged via Plumbbooking by 3:00 pm on the day prior to the audit.
When you'll be notified on MyPlumbbooking
After 6:00 pm on the day prior to the audit for these audit types:
- Sanitary drainage
- Fire services (in-ground)
- Trade waste
- Final audits (including residential)
- Relining sanitary drainage
- Greywater systems
All commercial plumbing installations within the CBD
1 hour before the nominated inspection time for these audit types:
- Above ground sanitary plumbing
- Non-drinking water:
- Drinking water:
- Underfloor plumbing
- Vacuum drainage
If you can't access MyPlumbbooking
If you are unable to access MyPlumbbooking via the eCoC portal, the plumber must not backfill or cover up the installation until 20 minutes after the nominated Plumbbooking time (for example, a 1:00 pm booking must not be backfilled until 1:20 pm).
The OTR conducts final audits of on-site plumbing installations to ensure compliance with the National Construction Code Volume 3 (Plumbing Code of Australia).
Plumbing contractors must book a final audit for the following plumbing installations:
- incorporate a performance solution
- incorporate a greywater system.
If the plumbing installation is selected for a final audit, the plumbing contractor or their representative must be present on-site and have all associated documentation available.
Final audit bookings for residential properties are not required. The OTR will contact plumbing contractors as required for a sample of work for final auditing.
All documentation associated with the plumbing installations (including certificates of compliance and sanitary as-constructed drawings) must be submitted to the OTR within seven days of completing the work.
What’s included in a final audit?
Final plumbing and equipment audits may include:
- overall compliance with the relevant sections of the Plumbing Code of Australia
- flood gullies
- backflow prevention (where required)
- heated water services (including temperature control devices and energy efficiency requirements)
- non-drinking water installations (including signage, cross-connection and separation test, identification, loop and valves installed in the correct locations where required)
- inspection openings
- water industry entity water meters and sewer connection points
- Watermark and WELS certified products.
For more information
- Instructions for Booking audits via Plumbbooking and eCoC
- For help with the inspection booking service or to book an inspection by phone, contact the OTR.