Hydraulic design submissions
Hydraulic designs for plumbing and drainage pipework and equipment must be lodged with the Office of the Technical Regulator (OTR) for:
- all building developments within the Adelaide CBD
- commercial and industrial developments, including extensions
- residential developments of three or more floor levels (schematic plumbing designs are also required for developments of four or more levels)
- housing developments of three or more dwellings
- any building that includes an alternative performance based plumbing design
- recreational and commercial/industrial sites
- residential sites (other than Class 1A) where non-drinking water is provided.
If you are unsure if you need to submit a building plan application, contact the OTR for more information.
No charges apply for submitting hydraulic design plans to the OTR.
How to apply
- Download and fill out the Hydraulic design submission form
- Complete the required details and attach the relevant plans and additional information
- Send the information to firstname.lastname@example.org (attachments must be smaller than 10 MB)
or post to Office of the Technical Regulator – Plumbing, GPO Box 320, Adelaide SA 5001.
Hard copy plans larger than A3 in size must be accompanied by a digital copy.
Who else should be notified?
You may also need to notify:
- SA Water, if a new sewer or water connection is involved or you are proposing to build over an SA Water asset or easement
- local water entity, if not SA Water
- SA Health
- local council.
Please contact SA Water or the local council directly for more information.