How to prepare and stay safe during the River Murray flood event.
The South Australian State Emergency Service has information to help people prepare for flooding:
- River Murray flood information
- How to lay sandbags
- Sandbag distribution locations
- What to do before a flood
- What to do during a flood
- What to do after a flood
- Flood checklist
- Flood brochure
- Flood easy English guide
- How to prepare your shack fact sheet
- Houseboat owners fact sheet
Help in a crisis
If you have a life-threatening or urgent situation, phone Triple Zero (000) and ask for the police, fire or ambulance, depending on the type of emergency.
Hospitals and health support services
- Riverland Mallee Coorong hospitals and health services - SA Health
- Counselling and mental health support
- Services to support people at risk of homelessness, domestic and family violence, or who need extra support.
Water and food
- Fight the Bite - Protect yourself against mosquito-borne diseases - SA Health
- Free Japanese encephalitis virus vaccine for people in selected postcodes - SA Health
- Marine safety advice - Department for Infrastructure and Transport
- Wastewater treatment and services - SA Water