Get the most recent information on South Australia's response to the Coronavirus pandemic.

Emergency accommodation and relocation

After a medium to large-scale disaster, you may need temporary accommodation or have to relocate while your home is rebuilt or repaired.

The state government may set-up temporary relief centres which coordinate short-term shelter immediately after a disaster. Phone the South Australian recovery hotline on 1800 302 787 for details.

Also check with your insurance company as they may cover you for emergency accommodation.

If you have to relocate, you will need to notify a range of people about your change of address.

Related information

On this site

Was this page useful?

Page last updated 11 July 2019

Provided by:
Department of Human Services
Last Updated:
Printed on:
Copyright statement:
SA.GOV.AU is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 Licence. © Copyright 2020