Get the most recent information on South Australia's response to the Coronavirus pandemic.

Primary producers and rural businesses


For advice or assistance with treating injured livestock contact your local veterinarian.

Call the PIRSA Hotline on 1800 255 556 for advice on livestock management; assistance with assessment and destruction; and help with disposal and transport of livestock that have died in the disaster.

More information on bushfire recovery is available from the PIRSA.

Advice on disposing of animal carcasses and other forms of waste from bushfires is available on the Environment Protection Authority (EPA) website or phone 8204 2004.

Land management

For advice on land management issues such as soil protection, weeds, foxes and rabbits, farm planning, pasture recovery, river and creeks, and bush vegetation, contact your Natural Resources office or visit

After a bushfire

For information on land management after a bushfire:

Rural financial counselling

Rural Business Support provides free rural financial counselling for primary producers or small rural businesses who are more than 75% reliant on primary production for income.

It can help you make decisions and work through the implications of the current situation for your business.

Phone 1800 836 211 (freecall).

Psychological counselling

Regional Access offers free 24/7 telephone and online counselling for people 16 years and older living or working in regional South Australia.

Call 1300 032 186 or visit the Regional Access website.

For more counselling services, see Health and wellbeing.

Was this page useful?

Page last updated 11 January 2020

Provided by:
Department of Human Services
Last Updated:
Printed on:
Copyright statement:
SA.GOV.AU is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 Licence. © Copyright 2020