After an emergency

Document replacement

Find information on where to go for assistance in replacing your documents. In major disasters some replacement fees may be waived.

Australian passport

To replace Australian passports phone the Australian Passport Information Service on 131 232.

Birth, death and marriage certificates

To replace birth, death and marriage certificates phone Consumer and Business Services (CBS) on 131 882 or for more information visit the CBS website.

Concession and health care cards

Replacement concession and health care cards including Medicare card, Seniors card and Pensioner concession card can be requested online (if you are already registered), over the phone on 132 307 or visit a service centre. If you need your card urgently a service centre can provide you with a temporary card.

Certificates of Title

A Certificate of Title is an official record of land ownership in South Australia.

Getting a copy of your certificate of title

Firearms licence

Firearms licence and registration papers – contact the SA Police Firearms Branch phone 7322 3346.

Transport documents

Service SA provides access to a range of document replacement services. These can be accessed over the phone, online or by visiting a customer service centre:

Document types:

Tenancy agreement

To obtain a copy of a tenancy agreement, contact your landlord or agent.

Was this page useful?

Take a moment to tell us why. If you need a response send an enquiry instead.

Page last updated 6 December 2017

Provided by:
Department of Human Services
Last Updated:
Printed on:
Copyright statement:
SA.GOV.AU is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia Licence. © Copyright 2016