You do not require approval if:
- demolition work is carried out in a way that minimises risk to people
- a qualified tradesperson is used for major structural demolition work
- licensed SafeWork SA contractors are engaged if hazardous materials are found, such as asbestos.
Planning or building approval is required if it is:
- a state or local heritage place
- within a historic area overlay of the Planning and Design Code.
Provided by: Department for Trade and Investment
Page last updated 26 April 2023