Demolition checklist

You do not require approval if:

  • demolition work is carried out in a way that minimises risk to people
  • a qualified tradesperson is used for major structural demolition work
  • licensed SafeWork SA contractors are engaged if hazardous materials are found, such as asbestos.

Planning or building approval is required if it is:

  • a state or local heritage place
  • within a historic area overlay of the Planning and Design Code.

Page last updated 26 April 2023

Provided by:
Department for Trade and Investment
Last Updated:
Printed on:
Copyright statement:
SA.GOV.AU is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 Licence. © Copyright 2023