Where to get emergency alerts
Emergency warnings and alerts are issued by different agencies, depending on the type of emergency.
Real-time information is not posted directly on this page.
Since Wednesday 10 January 2018 Alert SA App users have been instructed to delete the App from their device as it will cease to display incidents and warning messages. The Alert SA website will remain until the 15 June 2018, and work is currently underway to decommission and redirect users to other public information sources.
To see the incidents emergency services are responding to, visit:
- Country Fire Service (CFS) - bushfires, controlled burns, fire alarms, grass fires, trees down and vehicle accidents
- State Emergency Service (SES) - extreme heat, extreme storm and flood warnings.
For warnings and alerts services for specific types of emergencies, visit these websites:
- Animal and plant disease alerts - Primary Industries and Regions, SA (PIRSA)
- Bushfire warnings - CFS
- Electricity outages - SA Power Networks
- Emergency road closures - SA Police (SAPOL)
- Extreme weather - SES
- Fire ban districts - CFS
- Fire danger ratings - CFS
- Health alerts - SA Health
- Health alerts travelling overseas - Smartraveller
- Public transport disruptions - Adelaide Metro
- Road incidents - Traffic SA
- Terrorist incidents - Australian National Security
- Weather warnings - Bureau of Meteorology (BOM)
For other ways to access warning and alerts information, see Emergency warnings.