Where to get emergency alerts
Information about coronavirus (COVID-19):
Emergency warnings and alerts are issued by different agencies, depending on the type of emergency.
Real-time information is not posted directly on this page.
Don't rely on one source for emergency warning information. Instead seek it from multiple sources such as ABC Radio and in the event of a bushfire the Country Fire Service website or their social media channels or the Alert SA app.
To see the incidents emergency services are currently responding to, visit:
- Country Fire Service (CFS) - bushfires, controlled burns, fire alarms, grass fires, trees down and vehicle accidents
- State Emergency Service (SES) - heatwave, extreme storm and flood warnings - click on Current Incidents
- Metropolitan Fire Service (MFS) - building fire, bushfire, chemical spill, gas leak, smoke in area.
For bushfire warnings download the Alert SA app. The app provides timely and relevant bushfire information to the SA community for the 2019/2020 bushfire season.
Warnings and alerts
For warnings and alerts services for specific types of emergencies, visit these websites:
- Animal and plant disease alerts - Primary Industries and Regions, SA (PIRSA)
- Building fire - MFS
- Bushfire warnings - Alert SA
- Bushfire warnings - CFS
- Electricity outages - SA Power Networks
- Emergency road closures - Traffic SA
- Extreme weather (flood, heat, storm) - SES - click on Current Warnings
- Fire ban districts - CFS
- Fire danger ratings - CFS
- Health alerts - SA Health
- Health alerts travelling overseas - Smartraveller
- Outback road warnings - Department of Planning,Transport and Infrastructure (DPTI)
- Public transport disruptions - Adelaide Metro
- Roadworks and planned events - Traffic SA
- Terrorist incidents - Australian National Security
- Weather warnings - Bureau of Meteorology (BOM)
For other ways to access warning and alerts information, see Emergency warnings.