International students studying in South Australia
State schools deliver a range of international student programs for primary and high school students from abroad who wish to study in South Australia. Students will:
- improve their English language skills
- have access to the latest science, technology, music and sporting facilities
- receive the care and support to succeed on exchange.
As a primary school student you will be accompanied by your parent or guardian while you stay in South Australia.
As part of a high school program you will live with a supportive homestay family or you can nominate to live with a relative or family friend.
Visit the International Education Services website to find further information about study in Australia including:
- the range of programs offered
- the South Australian education system
- eligibility requirements and enrolment process
- fees and start dates
- support services
The Australian education system is world-class, designed to internationally recognised qualifications that are valued anywhere you go. Adelaide's tertiary institutions meet the highest standards guaranteed by the Australian Government’s Education Framework.
Find out about the:
- Australian government register of institutions and courses for overseas students
- Education system in South Australia.
Use the StudyAdelaide website for information on:
- Adelaide - climate, food and culture, living costs, transport
- study options and how to apply
- career pathways
- before arriving - accommodation, health insurance, money matter, visas
- what's happening.
University and college websites
Look at the 'international students' sections on South Australia's tertiary education websites for information about how international students are supported. Once enrolled, you might be able to access student accommodation through the university or college.