Parent Initiative in Education grant for school communities
Each year the Minister for Education and Child Development makes funds available for the Parent Initiatives in Education (PIE) grant program for government schools and preschools. The grants support schools and preschools and their communities to develop innovative projects or new initiatives that:
- encourage and promote greater participation of parents and caregivers who are not well represented in their school and preschool decision making
- encourage and increase an understanding by parents and caregivers of their role in supporting children and young people's learning in literacy and numeracy through parent engagement strategies.
Eligibility for PIE grant funding
- be focused on one, or both, of the areas for which a grant is funded (see above)
- be initiated by parent/caregiver groups, for example governing councils, parent clubs or individual parents/caregivers
- indicate whether the school or preschool will provide support for the program
- applications must include a detailed budget - the total amount must not exceed $3,000.
Applications for 2017
Complete the application form for 2017 Parent Initiatives in Education (PIE) Grant
- Applications close Friday 30 September 2016 at 5.00 pm. Applications postmarked up to 5.00 pm on the closing date will be accepted.
- Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
How selection is made
The PIE grant selection panel checks applications for eligibility and also looks at how well the application:
- encourages and promotes greater participation of parents and caregivers who are not well represented in their school and preschool decision making
- encourages and increases an understanding by parents and caregivers of their role in supporting children and young people’s learning in literacy and numeracy through parent engagement strategies.
All applications that meet the criteria will be considered, however priority will be given to preschools or schools not funded in the last PIE grant process.
On this site
Office for Education and Early Childhood
Phone - 8463 6580