Latest bushfire information from the CFS
Understanding the curriculum in the early years
Educators use the national Early Years Learning Framework to guide the learning and development of children from birth to five years of age.
A range of early childhood settings, including family day care, child care centres, preschools and integrated centres use the framework to design play-based programs that encourage children's:
This approach to early learning aims to help your child develop:
- a strong sense of identity
- connections with their world
- a strong sense of wellbeing
- confidence and involvement in their learning
- effective communication skills.
More information about the Early Years Learning Framework - including translation to other languages.
MyChild website - Australian Government