Understanding the curriculum in the early years
Educators use the national Early Years Learning Framework to guide the learning and development of children from birth to five years of age.
A range of early childhood settings, including family day care, child care centres, preschools and integrated centres use the framework to design play-based programs that encourage children's:
This approach to early learning aims to help your child develop:
- a strong sense of identity
- connections with their world
- a strong sense of wellbeing
- confidence and involvement in their learning
- effective communication skills.
More information about the Early Years Learning Framework - including translation to other languages.
MyChild website - Australian Government