Learning Together at Home Program
Learning together at home is a home visiting program which supports families and guides parents in helping their children learn and develop through play. The program also gives advice to families about other early childhood services.
What to expect
A field worker will contact you to arrange suitable times to visit your family at home. They will bring toys, books and equipment for you and your child to use. They will work with you and help you:
- set goals for your child's learning
- help your child learn and grow through play
- connect with other services that can provide support to you and your child.
Attendance and eligibility
Families with children aged from birth to 4 years are eligible for this program, however, priority is given to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families, children under the guardianship of the minister, and those who need support because of:
- social isolation
- mental health issues or learning difficulties
- a disability and or developmental delay
- being new arrivals to Australia
- being young parents
- family pressures such as illness, multiple births
- geographic isolation.
The length of time families stay in the program varies depending on the needs of the family and on the availability of staff.
Depending on availability, parents may be referred to a learning together program based at a number of schools across the state.
How to join the program
Most referrals to Learning Together at Home are made through a referring agency. Families can self-refer if they fit the criteria.
Learning Together at Home programs often have a waiting list so there will be a period of time until a vacancy is available. Fieldworkers will contact referred families to notify them of their acceptance or otherwise into the program and the possible length of time they will be waiting for a service.
Locations and contact details
- Inner North, Enfield
Phone: 8262 7399
- Inner South West, South Plympton
Phone: 8293 9090
- Northern Adelaide
Phone: 7285 1600
- Southern Adelaide, Christie Downs
Phone: 8382 5950
Phone: 0408 290 807
- Lower South East, Millicent
Phone: 8733 2864
- Murray Bridge
Phone: 8531 3090
- Port Augusta
Phone: 8641 0345
- Port Lincoln
Phone: 8682 5969
- Port Pirie
Phone: 8632 2633
- Southern Fleurieu, Victor Harbor
Phone: 8552 4160
Phone: 8645 6592
- Yorke Peninsula, Maitland
Phone: 0428 101 530
On this site
Department for Education