Updating vehicle registration or driver's licence
Change of address
If any of these addresses change, you need to update your vehicle registration or driver's licence details within 14 days:
- where you live
- your postal address
- where your car is garaged.
Before you begin
Depending on the method used, you may need:
- evidence of identity
- your client number from your driver's licence
- full name
- date of birth
- previous address
- registration papers.
How to notify changes
You can submit your address details in four ways:
- online using a mySA GOV account - make sure you select either client address details or vehicle registration details before you start
- online using EzyReg
- phone 13 10 84 Monday to Friday 8.00 am to 6.00 pm
- in person at a Service SA customer service centre.
Having your driver's licence endorsed
When you move to a different address your licence needs to be updated by applying a sticker with the new details. If you advise the new details online or by phone a sticker will be posted out to you.
Changing your name
Visit a Service SA customer service centre taking evidence of identity, such as your driver's licence.
Changing your gender without changing your name
To register or amend your gender without changing your name, you must present one of the following documents:
- a statement from a registered medical practitioner or a registered psychologist
- a valid Australian Government travel document, such as a current passport, which specifies your preferred gender
- an amended state or territory birth certificate, which specifies your preferred gender
- a state or territory gender recognition certificate, or recognised details certificate, showing that a state or territory registrar of birth deaths and marriages has accepted your change in sex will be sufficient evidence.
Providing you have a supporting document from the list above, you can change your gender to one of the following:
- 'M' - male
- 'F' - female
- 'X' - this option is available if you do not identify your gender as either male or female.
Change to medical conditions
Notify any physical or mental impairment that may affect your capacity to drive by contacting a Service SA customer service centre. For more information phone 13 10 84.