Australian local government councils, businesses and community groups can apply for funding for projects that encourage cycling, walking and reducing car use.
Grants available to councils
The following grants are open to South Australian local government councils:
- State Bicycle Fund
- Community Grants
A list of council cycling projects currently being funded is available for download in the State Bicycle Fund approved projects list .
Grants available to councils, businesses and community groups
Government grants are available to provide funding for small-scale projects that focus on:
- reducing car use
- increasing the use of alternative transport
- working with people to try different ways of getting around
- encouraging lasting changes in travel habits.
Applying for the State Bicycle Fund
South Australian local government councils can apply for the State Bicycle Fund. Applications are invited to be submitted early in the year for the following financial year's program.
Funds are available on a dollar-for-dollar basis and are for the development and implementation of suitable cycling initiatives, which may include the development of:
- local area strategic bicycle plans
- cycling networks by constructing on-road bicycle lanes or off-road bicycle paths, bicycle parking and the promotion of cycling and cycling facilities.
For more information, download the State Bicycle Fund guidelines below: