Fines enforcement restrictions

Support to those with outstanding fines that are affected by River Murray flooding.

Affected individuals with outstanding fines are able to contact the Fines Unit on 1800 659 538 to discuss their individual circumstances.

If you have unpaid fines or debts, regardless of whether the offence is traffic related, the Fines Enforcement and Recovery Unit (the Fines Unit) may request the Registrar of Motor Vehicles not to transact any business with you, and that your driver's licence be suspended.

There are also a range of other enforcement actions that can be applied when fines are outstanding, or when you have overdue debt owed to a government agency.

Managing your fines

If your fine or debt is overdue, or if paying would cause you difficulties, there are several options available to you and you should call the Fines Unit immediately on 1800 659 538.

The Fines Unit can also let you know the balance of any outstanding fines.

Related information

Fines Enforcement and Recovery Unit

Was this page useful?

Thanks for contributing - your feedback helps us improve this website.

Page last updated 30 November 2022

Provided by:
Department for Infrastructure and Transport
Last Updated:
Printed on:
Copyright statement:
SA.GOV.AU is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 Licence. © Copyright 2023