Apply for taxi fare subsidy scheme
People with permanent and severe disabilities that limit their ability to use public transport may apply for subsidised taxi fares:
- 75 per cent subsidy for people who are permanently dependent upon a wheelchair for mobility (maximum subsidy of $30 per trip)
- 50 per cent subsidy for people who are not permanently dependent upon a wheelchair for mobility (maximum subsidy of $20 per trip)
The subsidies are provided through the South Australian Transport Subsidy Scheme.
Before you begin
You need to include one passport-sized colour photograph (head and shoulders) with your application.
The photograph must be certified by someone who knows you, they must:
- be at least 18 years of age
- have known the applicant for at least 12 months
- not be related to the applicant by birth or marriage
- not be in a de facto relationship (including same sex relationship) with the applicant
- not live at the applicant's address.
How to apply
1. Complete the application form
Complete the application for transport assistance (1.3 MB PDF). You may need to ask a general practitioner, medical specialist or mobility instructor to complete some sections of the application.
2. Lodge the form
Send the completed application, photograph and any supporting documents to:
SATSS Data Processing Services
GPO Box 2830
Adelaide SA 5001
You will be notified by mail if your application is successful.
Successful applicants will receive:
- information about how to use the subsidy
- a book of subsidy vouchers
- a photo ID card that must be shown to the taxi driver.
South Australian Transport Subsidy Scheme
Phone: 1300 360 840