Get the most recent information on South Australia's response to the Coronavirus pandemic.
Apply for taxi fare subsidy scheme
People with permanent and severe disabilities that limit their ability to use public transport may apply for subsidised taxi fares:
- 75 per cent subsidy for people who are confined to a wheelchair
- 50 per cent subsidy for people who are not confined to a wheelchair.
The subsidies are provided through the South Australian Transport Subsidy Scheme.
Before you begin
You need to include one passport-sized colour photograph (head and shoulders) with your application.
The photograph must be certified by someone who knows you, they must:
- be at least 18 years of age
- have known the applicant for at least 12 months
- not be related to the applicant by birth or marriage
- not be in a de facto relationship (including same sex relationship) with the applicant
- not live at the applicant's address.
How to apply
1. Complete the application form
Complete the application for transport assistance . You may need to ask a general practitioner, medical specialist or mobility instructor to complete some sections of the application.
2. Lodge the form
Send the completed application, photograph and any supporting documents to:
SATSS Data Processing Services
GPO Box 2830
Adelaide SA 5001
You will be notified by mail as to whether your application is successful.
Successful applicants will receive:
- information about how to use the subsidy
- a book of subsidy vouchers
- a photo ID card that must be shown to the taxi driver.
South Australian Transport Subsidy Scheme
Phone: 1300 360 840