The management of all services previously provided by Domiciliary Care has transferred to RDNS SA, part of the Silver Chain Group.
Aged care assistance
The Australian Government provides information on aged care through the My Aged Care website and national contact centre.
Phone 1800 200 422 between 8.00 am and 8.00 pm on weekdays and between 10.00 am and 2.00 pm on Saturdays.
Staff can provide:
- prompt, reliable and confidential services
- clear information, which can be made available:
- in other languages if you speak another language
- in other formats if you have hearing difficulties or a vision impairment
- help to find government-funded aged care services
- prompt resolution of any complaint or concern you have with the service.
Equipment for use in the home
If you are in hospital and need equipment support to get home, speak with your doctor or nurse about your options.
Lifetime Support Scheme
The Lifetime Support Scheme provides treatment, care and support for people who have sustained very serious injuries in a motor vehicle accident, regardless of fault. For more information visit the Lifetime Support Authority website
Independent Living Centre
The Independent Living Centre (ILC) provides free information and advice about equipment, technology and techniques to help you maintain your independence at home.
The ILC also provides a mobile service to country areas.
The ILC does not sell equipment but can give you information about suppliers and their prices.
Essential medical equipment concessions
You may be eligible for a subsidy to assist with costs of running essential medical equipment.
The concession finder will help you see what's available and if you are eligible.