A grant is a means of financial assistance given to an individual or organisation to help with things like:
- assistance in times of hardship
- study or career development
- developing community capacity
- implementing responses to identified needs
- developing or running a community program
- funding innovative ideas and initiatives.
Grants can be provided by federal, state and local governments, private businesses, trusts, foundations or philanthropic organisations.
Search for grants using online databases, search engines or contacts to help you find out what grants are available. Some other good search sites include:
- GRANTassist - information about South Australian government grants for communities, clubs and individuals.
- GrantsSA - provides one-off funding to community organisations to support local projects that strengthen communities across South Australia.
- The Funding Centre - provides a comprehensive listing of grants from around Australia and internationally. For a small fee you can subscribe to get access to the Funding Centre newsletter and database, or you could ask your local library if they have a subscription you could use.
- Grants and assistance programs - this federal government directory has information on federal, state and local government funding
A variety of grants are available through local councils. Contact them direct for more information.
Tenders and contracts
The South Australian Tenders and Contracts website provides access to all publicly available bidding opportunties within the South Australian government.