Emergency services levy (fixed property) remission
South Australian residents may be eligible to receive a concession of up to $46 per year on the Emergency Services Levy (ESL) (fixed property) charged against their principal place of residence.
You may be eligible for an ESL (fixed property) concession if you hold one of the following cards:
- a Pensioner Concession Card
- Gold Card from the Department of Veterans' Affairs
- Totally and Permanently Incapacitated (TPI)
- Extreme Disablement Adjustment (EDA)
- War Widow
- Gold Card from the Department of Veterans' Affairs issued to a person with 80 or more overall impairment points under the Military Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 2004
- Low Income Health Care Card
- Commonwealth Seniors Health Card
- Newstart Allowance
- Sickness Allowance
- Widow Allowance
- Youth Allowance
- Partner Allowance
- Parenting Payment
- Special Benefit
- Community Development Employment Project (CDEP)
- New Enterprise Incentive Scheme (NEIS)
- Farm Household Allowance
- War widow pension under legislation of the United Kingdom or New Zealand
Residential Park Residents
Residential park residents are not eligible for an ESL (fixed property) concession, as this charge is not normally passed on by residential park operators.
How to apply
Complete the online Application for Emergency Services Levy (fixed property) Remission.
1. Complete the form
Download and complete the Application for Emergency Services Levy (Fixed Property) Remission or phone ConcessionsSA Hotline 1800 307 758 and ask for a form to be sent to you.
If you are a pensioner and receive a concession on your water rates, you may already be receiving a concession for your Emergency Services Levy (fixed property). Please check your account before applying.
If you hold a Commonwealth Seniors Health Card or a Centrelink Low Income Health Care Card, you will need to send in a copy of both sides of your card with your application.
2. Submit the application
Email the form and supporting documents to email@example.com
Post (no postage stamp required) to:
Reply Paid 292
Adelaide SA 5001
ConcessionsSA Hotline - 1800 307 758
If you have a hearing or speech impairment - TTY 8226 6789
Interpreting and translating
To arrange an onsite or telephone interpreter, or to have a document translated, please call the Interpreting and Translating Centre (ITC) on 1800 280 203.
Alternative version of documents
Many documents are displayed as PDF files. If you have problems accessing documents in the PDF format, you can request a copy to be made available in an alternative format.
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org