Access disability services

Transfer disability services interstate

You may want to transfer your funded disability services if you move interstate.

Adults and children born on or before 1 July 2000

Fill out the form Moving interstate registration form (166.0 KB DOC) and send it in by email or post.



Portability Officer - Disability SA
Level 2B, Highgate Park
103 Fisher Street
Fullarton  5063 SA

We'll let you know the outcome after your application has been assessed. We may contact you if we need more information. The registration details will be given to the relevant state or territory staff and they will contact you regarding your support needs.

Children born on or after 2 July 2000

The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) will be able to tell you about transferring your services interstate if you receive your services through them.

Contact the NDIS by phoning 1800 800 110 or visiting the NDIS website.

Transferring services to South Australia

Contact Disability Information and Referrals to find out how to move your funded services if you're moving to South Australia.



1300 786 117

Related information

Other websites

Interstate funding portability policy - Department of Human Services

Was this page useful?

Take a moment to tell us why. If you need a response, send an enquiry instead.

Page last updated 7 February 2018

Provided by:
Department of Human Services
Last Updated:
Printed on:
Copyright statement:
SA.GOV.AU is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 Licence. © Copyright 2019