Apply for disability services and support

Disability services and supports are available for many South Australians living with permanent disability.

Eligibility depends on your age, location and individual need.


Apply through the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).

Adults under 65

Apply to the NDIS

Apply if you require support from a person or equipment to do everyday things because of an impairment or condition that is likely to be permanent.

Use the NDIS access checklist to see if you may be able to participate in the scheme.

Contact NDIS

National Disability Insurance Agency - phone 1800 800 110

TTY - phone 1800 555 677, then ask for 1800 800 110

Speak-and-Listen - phone 1800 555 727, then ask for 1800 800 110

National Relay Service - ask for 1800 800 110

Apply to ReturntoWorkSA

ReturnToWorkSA (formerly WorkCover) is responsible for providing work injury insurance and regulating the South Australian return to work scheme.

They provide insurance that protects South Australian businesses and workers in the event of a work injury.

ReturnToWorkSA provides financial support to cover worker wages, reasonable medical treatment and return to work services to people who have been injured at work.

Contact ReturntoWorkSA

Phone 13 18 55

Adults over 65

Contact MyAgedCare

If you are over 65 years of age and need support to live at home, contact MyAgedCare.

Phone 1800 200 422

Related information

Other websites

Independent Living Centre (ILC) - equipment and techniques to help you with everyday tasks

Was this page useful?

Thanks for contributing - your feedback helps us improve this website.

Page last updated 8 September 2020

Provided by:
Department of Human Services
Last Updated:
Printed on:
Copyright statement:
SA.GOV.AU is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 Licence. © Copyright 2023