Emergency services levy (fixed property) remission

South Australian residents may be eligible to receive a remission of up to $46 per year on the Emergency Services Levy (ESL) (fixed property) for their principal place of residence.

Check if you're eligible to apply.

To apply you'll need:

  • your Centrelink customer reference number (CRN) or DVA file number
  • a copy of the will granting you life estate (life estate holders only).

You can also use the form to update your details - eg address or bank details.

One application covers all household concessions.

Other ways to apply

What happens next

The remission will be credited to your Emergency Services Levy assessment.

Who should apply

If you are a pensioner and receive a concession on your water rates, you may already be receiving an ESL (fixed property) remission. Please check your account before applying.

Applicants must:

  • live at the property on 1 July of the year the levy notice is issued
  • be a registered owner of the property, or be the holder of a life estate, on 1 July of the year the levy notice is issued
  • hold an eligible card or receive an eligible Centrelink payment between the levy notice issue and due dates.

Eligible cards

  • Pensioner concession card
  • Gold Card from the Department of Veterans' Affairs (DVA)
    • totally and permanently incapacitated (TPI)
    • extreme disablement adjustment (EDA)
    • war widow
    • issued to a person with 80 or more overall impairment points under the Military Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 2004
  • Low Income Health Care Card
  • Commonwealth Seniors Health Card

Eligible Centrelink payments

  • JobSeeker payment
  • Widow allowance
  • Youth allowance
  • Partner allowance
  • Parenting payment
  • Special benefit
  • Community Development Program (CDP)
  • New Enterprise Incentive Scheme (NEIS)
  • Austudy
  • Farm household allowance (FHA)
  • War widow pension under legislation of the United Kingdom or New Zealand.

Residential park residents

Residential park residents are not eligible for an ESL (fixed property) remission, as this charge is not normally passed on by residential park operators.


Email: concessions@sa.gov.au

Phone: ConcessionsSA Hotline (9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday) - 1800 307 758

Translations: to arrange an onsite or telephone interpreter, or to have a document translated, please call the Interpreting and Translating Centre (ITC) on 1800 280 203.

Related information

On this site

Concession finder

Other websites

Emergency Services Levy payment options - Revenue SA

Was this page useful?

Thanks for contributing - your feedback helps us improve this website.

Page last updated 16 March 2023

Provided by:
Department of Human Services
Last Updated:
Printed on:
Copyright statement:
SA.GOV.AU is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 Licence. © Copyright 2023