Get the most recent information on South Australia's response to the Coronavirus pandemic.
Emergency services levy (fixed property) remission
Due to COVID-19, changes are being made to the way some services are delivered. To apply for household concessions, use the online application form. Processing delays will apply to applications received by post.
South Australian residents may be eligible to receive a remission of up to $46 per year on the Emergency Services Levy (ESL) (fixed property) for their principal place of residence.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- live at the property on 1 July of the year the levy notice is issued
- be a registered owner of the property, or be the holder of a life estate, on 1 July of the year the levy notice is issued
- hold an eligible card or receive an eligible Centrelink payment between the levy notice issue and due dates.
- Pensioner Concession Card
- Gold Card from the Department of Veterans' Affairs (DVA)
- Totally and Permanently Incapacitated (TPI)
- Extreme Disablement Adjustment (EDA)
- War Widow
- issued to a person with 80 or more overall impairment points under the Military Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 2004
- Low Income Health Care Card
- Commonwealth Seniors Health Card
Eligible Centrelink payments
- JobSeeker Payment
- Widow Allowance
- Youth Allowance
- Partner Allowance
- Parenting Payment
- Special Benefit
- Community Development Project (CDP)
- New Enterprise Incentive Scheme (NEIS)
- Farm Household Allowance (FHA)
- War widow pension under legislation of the United Kingdom or New Zealand.
Residential park residents
Residential park residents are not eligible for an ESL (fixed property) remission, as this charge is not normally passed on by residential park operators.
What you'll need
- your Centrelink customer reference number (CRN) or DVA file number
- your ownership number and the date of issue and due date listed on your most recent Notice of Emergency Services Levy Assessment
- a copy of the will granting you life estate (life estate holders only).
If you are a pensioner and receive a concession on your water rates, you may already be receiving an ESL (fixed property) remission. Please check your account before applying.
How to apply
Complete the household concessions form to apply for the Emergency Services Levy Remission, the Cost of Living Concession, and concessions on energy bills, water and sewerage rates.
Update your details using the online household concessions form.
ConcessionsSA Hotline (9.00 am to 5.00 pm, Monday to Friday) - 1800 307 758
Interpreting and translating
On this site
Emergency Services Levy payment options - Revenue SA
Alternative version of documents
Many documents are displayed as PDF files. If you have problems accessing documents in the PDF format, you can request a copy to be made available in an alternative format.
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org