Administrators taking over a licence

If an individual licensee becomes bankrupt or insolvent, an official receiver or administrator can carry on the business under the same licence.

If a corporate licensee is being wound up or under administration, receivership or official management, the administrator may carry on the business as the licensee.

The administrator or receiver must notify the commissioner within seven days of taking over the licence. To do this, email

There is no fee to notify.

Contact CBS Liquor and Gaming


Phone: 131 882

GPO Box 2169
Adelaide SA 5001

Was this page useful?

Thanks for contributing - your feedback helps us improve this website.

Page last updated 15 February 2023

Provided by:
Attorney-General's Department
Last Updated:
Printed on:
Copyright statement:
SA.GOV.AU is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 Licence. © Copyright 2023