Meat food safety accreditation

Who should apply

You must be accredited if you're involved in:

  • growing poultry
  • killing, flaying and dressing animals
  • killing and dressing birds
  • killing and processing game animals in the field
  • boning out or further processing meat and poultry
  • manufacturing smallgoods
  • storing meat or meat product in chillers or freezers
  • transporting meat or meat products.

Accreditation is also required if the business changes hands or where the business has relocated to another site.

How to apply

Use the application form on the PIRSA website or phone the meat hygiene unit on 8429 0837.

Was this page useful?

Thanks for contributing - your feedback helps us improve this website.

Page last updated 22 August 2022

Provided by:
Department of Primary Industries and Regions
Last Updated:
Printed on:
Copyright statement:
SA.GOV.AU is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 Licence. © Copyright 2023