Racing clubs and services
Consumer and Business Services (CBS) is responsible for:
Racing and gaming authorities and industry bodies
To regulate the industry, CBS works closely with:
- Independent Gaming Authority (IGA)
- Department of Treasury and Finance
- Office for Recreation and Sport - Racing
and has regular contact with industry bodies such as:
- South Australian Jockey Club
- Thoroughbred Racing SA
- SA Harness Racing Club
- Harness Racing SA
- Greyhound Racing SA
- SA Bookmakers League.
CBS regularly inspects and audits SATAB, SA racing clubs, bookmakers and agents.
The IGA is responsible for making sure the betting operations of SATAB, racing clubs, bookmakers and agents are licensed.
You must apply to be a close associate of a racing club or industry body if you:
- currently have or will have in the future a financial interest in the club or industry body
- have significant influence over the conduct or business of the club or industry body
- hold a relevant position in the business of the club or industry body
Once you are approved by CBS you will be given an order of approval.