Report a marine safety concern

Anyone who observes a recreational vessel engaging in unsafe activities on South Australian waters should report the incident using the Report a marine safety concern form.

This includes:

  • Events or behaviours that endanger the safety of waterway users - eg excessive speed, failure to wear a lifejacket, and illegal activity.  If the unsafe activity, has the potential to endanger human life, in the first instance you'll need to contact South Australia Police (SAPOL) by phoning 131 444.
  • The reporting of hazards in waterways.

This form is not for reporting pollution, such as marine oil spills, from a ship or recreational vessel. To report, phone 8248 3505 or call on radio channel 12 at all hours.

Provide details of the incident and where it occurred. Include photographic evidence if you have any.

What happens next

Marine Safety Compliance will contact you within 7 days after the report is lodged.

If you apply using your mySAGOV account, you can check the status of your application.

In addition, the report will be used for statistical purposes.

Contact Marine Safety SA


Was this page useful?

Thanks for contributing - your feedback helps us improve this website.

Page last updated 31 March 2023

Provided by:
Department for Infrastructure and Transport
Last Updated:
Printed on:
Copyright statement:
SA.GOV.AU is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 Licence. © Copyright 2023