Fines enforcement restrictions

If you have unpaid fines, regardless of whether the offence is traffic related or not, the Fines Enforcement and Recovery Unit may request the Registrar of Motor Vehicles not to transact any business with you and that your driver's licence be suspended.

There are also a range of other enforcement actions that can be applied when fines are outstanding.

Managing your fines

If your fine is overdue, or paying would cause you difficulties, there are several options available to you and you should call the Fines Enforcement and Recovery Unit immediately.

The Fines Enforcement and Recovery Unit can also let you know the balance of any outstanding fines.

Please call 1800 659 538, or visit for more details.

Page feedback

Was this page useful?
What did you like about it?
How can we make it better?

We cannot respond to any comment made here. If you need a response, please use our contact page.

You can also help us improve the website by completing a short survey.

Page last updated: 27 May 2015