Feedback and complaints

Crime and legal issues

The Legal Services Commission provides free telephone legal advice and is available for preliminary information, advice and referrals.

Legal Services Commission website

Judicial officers

The Judicial Conduct Commissioner receives and deals with complaints made about the conduct of serving judges, magistrates and other judicial officers.

Judicial Conduct Commissioner website


The Office of the Police Ombudsman provides independent oversight of SA Police. Its primary role is to receive complaints and take action in relation to the conduct of SA Police members.

Office of the Police Ombudsman website

Victims of crime

The Commissioner for Victims' Rights:

  • assists crime victims in their dealings with police, prosecution, courts, corrections and other public agencies
  • can represent victims in certain criminal proceedings
  • advises government on how to help crime victims
  • monitors the effects of law and practices on victims.

Commissioner for Victims' Rights website

Was this page useful?

Take a moment to tell us why. If you need a response send an enquiry instead.

Page last updated 9 January 2017

Provided by:
Department for Communities and Social Inclusion
Last Updated:
Printed on:
Copyright statement:
SA.GOV.AU is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia Licence. © Copyright 2016