Feedback and complaints

Complaints and feedback about government

If you have a complaint or want to give any sort of feedback about the service provided by a government department, you should contact them directly.

State government

Complaints and feedback about state government departments or services can be made online.

Make a complaint

Alternative contact details are provided on the page about each department - government departments.

Local government

Contact your local council directly to make a complaint or provide feedback.

Find your local council on the Local Government Association website.

If you're not satisfied with how your complaint is handled, you can approach the Ombudsman or the Office for Public Integrity.

Ombudsman South Australia

The South Australian Ombudsman has the power to independently:

  • investigate the actions of government departments, statutory authorities and local government councils
  • receive information confidentially from a person who wishes to inform about possible improper or illegal actions in state or local government
  • review decisions made about the supply of information in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act 1991.

Office for Public Integrity

If you suspect corruption, misconduct or maladministration in a public agency, including any local or state government agency or authority, or the police, you can report it to the Office for Public Integrity.

Any matter assessed as raising a potential issue of corruption may be investigated by the Independent Commissioner Against Corruption (ICAC), or another law enforcement agency.

Make a complaint or report online or phone 8207 1777.

Was this page useful?

Take a moment to tell us why. If you need a response send an enquiry instead.

Page last updated 20 September 2017

Provided by:
Department of the Premier and Cabinet
Last Updated:
Printed on:
Copyright statement:
SA.GOV.AU is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia Licence. © Copyright 2016