Public registers of information about development applications
You can search the Development application public register to get details and follow the progress of applications, where:
- the 'decision authority' is either
- the Development Assessment Commission (DAC)
- the Minister for Planning
- the Governor of South Australia
- the application involves either land use, building or marine aquaculture
- the application was lodged on or after 1 January 2010.
To request details of applications lodged before 1 January contact DAC.
For details about applications where the 'decision authority' is a local council, contact the council where the development is located.
The application and assessment processes for all types of development are described in Development applications and how they are assessed.
In South Australia development approval must be obtained before land may be divided into separate allotments.
You can search the EDALA public register to get details and follow the progress of land division applications.