Plympton Mixed Use Development Anzac Highway Marion Road proposal
The proposal for what is currently the Highway Hotel site is a mixed-use development with a maximum of eight building levels above ground and one basement level below ground.
- construction of 108 apartments, of which 26 are serviced apartments, configured as two freestanding groups (east and west towers) of five levels; one group (north tower) with six residential levels above one level of parking and one level of retail; and two levels of serviced apartments above a commercial component
- a supermarket of 3086 square metres and associated storage and administration offices (mezzanine area of 296 square metres)
- speciality retail shop tenancies incorporating cafes and restaurants at ground level (1994 square metres)
- internal pedestrian mall
- commercial space (office or similar) on Level 1 (878 square metres)
- provision of car parking (448 parks total)
- bicycle racks at street level and bike storage associated with accommodated storage
- service vehicle access via Anzac Highway and exit via Elizabeth Avenue
- service corridors through the building
- development in three stages.
Assessment stages and documentation
The application was lodged on 2 July 2007 and assessment guidelines issued on 1 August 2007.
Stage of assessment process
Declaration as major development
24 May 2007
Variation to declaration 29 January 2009 – see Government Gazette
See notice in Government Gazette
Release of guidelines by Development Assessment Commission with level of assessment determined
1 August 2007
Release of assessment document by proponent for public comment
6 July 2009
The development report was released for a six week public comment period from 6 July 2009 until 14 August 2009.
Release of amendment to development report by proponent for public comment
|29 May 2013|
Plympton Release of Amendment to Development Report Advert
Released for comment until 5.00 pm Wednesday, 19 June 2013
|Plympton Amendment to Development Report|
Response by proponent to public and agency comment
23 December 2013
Refer to Appendix 1 - Assessment Report
Assessment report by Minister
23 December 2013
|Release of amendment to development report by proponent for public comment|
8 November 2017
Released for comment until 5.00 pm Wednesday, 29 November 2017.
|Plympton Amendment to Development Report - Stage 2|