Capital City Policy Review (Design Quality) amendment
The Capital City Policy Review (Design Quality) Development Plan Amendment was approved by notice in the South Australian Government Gazette on 30 May 2017.
The community information sheet provides details about the amendment and the amendment process .
Purpose of the amendment
The purpose of this DPA is to:
- include new policy to reinforce design quality for new development
- add additional requirements for ‘over-height’ development, including in relation to zone interface treatments
- incorporate specific outcomes such as affordable housing, public realm improvements, sustainability measures and the like, as triggers for current over-height allowances
- strengthen the Desired Character Statement along Rundle Street to provide greater guidance in regard to contextual building design recognising its important character
- provide some allowance for a lesser bicycle parking rate for dwellings in certain circumstances.
Consultation on Ministerial DPAs is conducted by the Development Policy Advisory Committee (DPAC), an independent statutory committee which provides advice to the Minister for Planning. A public meeting was held on 23 November 2016.
On this site
For an alternative version of a document on this page see Planning contacts - Development plans and amendments team.