Victor Harbor Centres and Residential amendment
This page provides information about the Victor Harbor Centres and Residential development plan amendment.
The Victor Harbor Centres and Residential Development Plan Amendment (DPA) was approved by notice in the South Australian Government Gazette on 26 May 2016.
Purpose of the amendment
The DPA proposes amendments to land use requirements (zoning and policy) to five separate areas of land located at McCracken, Hindmarsh Valley, Hayborough, Encounter Bay and Victor Harbor. The amendments will support the development of activity centres, the provision of community services and contribute to housing choice. A key element of the DPA is to ensure there is better access to goods and services through improved distribution of activity centres convenient to where people live.
The areas affected by the DPA include:
- McCracken – former TAFE site on Adelaide Road and bounded by McCracken Drive, Hindmarsh Road and Down Street.
- Hindmarsh Valley – land on the corner of Waggon and Welch Roads, Hindmarsh Valley.
- Hayborough – land on the corner of Adelaide Road and Agnes Gillespie Drive, Hayborough.
- Encounter Bay – land generally to the north of Tugwell Road and west of Waitpinga Road, Waitpinga.
- Victor Harbor – corner of Armstrong Road, Ewen Terrace and George Main Road.
The amendments affect the Victor Harbor (City) Development Plan. To view the plan see - Development plans.
An information sheet provides details about the amendment and the amendment process.
The public consultation on this amendment was conducted by the Development Policy Advisory Committee (DPAC), which gives advice to the Minister for Planning. A public meeting was held on Wednesday 27 January 2016.